WHAT WE DO
At Decatur Marine we take pride in completing the following:
- Conduct audits of Towing Safety Management Systems (TSMS), and the vessels to which the TSMS applies, to verify compliance with the applicable provisions of Subchapter M
- Issue TSMS certificates to the owner or managing operator who is in compliance with the requirements of the Subchapter M
- Conduct surveys of towing vessels to verify compliance with the applicable provisions of Subchapter M
- Issue survey reports detailing the results of surveys, carried out in compliance of part 137 of Subchapter M
WHY CHOOSE US
Decatur Marine, LLC is USCG approved as a Third Party Organization. Our approval letter can be downloaded here.
- We have network of qualified and highly experienced inspectors
- We are actively engaged in recruiting and training marine auditors in order to serve clients in every major inland port
- We, along with our parent and affiliated companies, have performed more than 31,000 audits and inspections since 2013
- Our inspector appointment process is diligent, so you’ll have auditors with extensive maritime knowledge conducting your audit or survey
WE ARE A UNITED STATES COAST GUARD APPROVED THIRD PARTY ORGANIZATION.
WE PROVIDE SUBCHAPTER M AND TSMS AUDIT & SURVEY SERVICES FOR TUG AND TOWBOAT OWNERS AND OPERATORS ACROSS THE U.S.